37 weeks, with only 20 days left to go until Jr. expected arrival. This week has consisted of more frequent doctors appointments and ultrasounds as we prepare. I was shocked to find out that Jr. estimated weight is currently 7 lbs and 1 oz. With still a little over 2 weeks left to go until his due date he is weighing in bigger than anticipated. Overall he is measuring a little over 1 week and a few days bigger than my due date prediction. This has really caused us to be prepare for his arrival any day now in the coming week or so.
37 Week Milestones & Current Events:
- Baby is the size of a Honeydew Melon
- Measuring about 20 inches long and currently weights 7 lbs and 1 oz (per ultrasound)
- Baby is fully developed
- Baby is practicing his breathing preparing for life outside the womb
- Baby’s reflexes are strengthening in order for him to grip Mommy and Daddy’s fingers
- Mommy’s appetite is beginning to pick up
- Cravings: Hershey Bars, Fruit Punch Powerade, Cantaloupe, Burger King Chicken Nuggets or Chicken Fries
At 37 weeks, I weigh in today at 177 lbs. 7 lbs of which we can account to Jr. Still, waiting to see at my next appointment on Friday to see if I have dilated. I have started eating dates which are known to be good for pregnancy and moms have been encouraged to eat 6-8 dates per day after 36 weeks in order to help soften your cervix. Studies show that women who eat dates late in pregnancy often have a smoother and shorter labor. I am crazy enough to test this out. I will be sure to update you on my experience as we approach delivery.