Currently 36 weeks, only 26 days or less to go until Jr. arrival. I am so excited to meet our newest edition that I am beginning to get impatient. Just thinking about what his personality will be like. This also will mean that my husband and I will have two children with the same zodiac signs– Taurus. If he is anything like Abby he will be unwavering, strong willed and steadfast in his opinions. All good character traits when utilized positively. I guess will just have to wait and see . . .
My belly is growing and so are my cravings. I can’t seem to sleep in and I am up every hour thirsty and with a full bladder. Hubby and my MIL (Mother-in-Love) are still convinced that baby will debut on May 3rd. Hubby specifically suspects that I will start laboring on May 2nd. Only time will tell. One thing for sure his date has already been decided by the Almighty – Most High.
36 Week Milestones & Current Events:
- Baby is the size of a Ripe Papaya
- Measuring about 20 inches long and weights about 6 lbs
- Baby is shedding bodily hair, as well as the vernix caseosa
- Forming meconium for his first bowel movement
- Since baby has dropped Mommy’s lungs are feeling relieved
- Increased pelvic pain and pressure since baby is in position for the big day
- Contractions are increasing in frequency and intensity
At 36 weeks, I weigh in today at 180.6 lbs. This means I gained a whole 5 lbs since last Wednesday. Baby is definitely packing on more weight as we approach delivery day. I am looking forward to my upcoming prenatal appointment on Friday to see if I have dilated. Keep following my blog for weekly updates. Be on the lookout for a birth announcement post. I am excited to see who predicted Jr. due date accurately.